Many stories about success implied the power of consistency. Also the quote “Practice makes perfect” emphasizes the first rule of success: keep trying till you get familiar with new skills that you desire to master.
This is how it works, but most of the time, keep a consistent schedule for changes isn’t an easy job. As we always started some new habits with full enthusiasm and ended with frustration and regret.
So, the lesson I’ve learned is it doesn’t matter how slow your progress is, just keep doing till you can feel a sense of satisfaction. And here are some interesting steps to keep consistency in doing anything:
- Always remember why you started, is it for you? Family? Or others.
- Choose one habit at a time and divide it into small steps for practicing.
- Schedule and stick with it no matter what, I do use the 20 minute method.
- Ignore your feeling, try not to listen to the negative inner thoughts.
- Reward yourself to maintain the momentum (by Jarrod Haning).
One of the great examples of how consistency brings success the ability of speaking our mother tongue effortlessly. This is because we have been trained to use it since we were born. From mimicking the sounds of every letter till we are able to voice out our opinions in speech. It is a long-term consistent training where we are not really aware of it. So, keep doing a little every day and the result is worthwhile when you look back after years. If you feel these steps are useful, feel free to leave a comment and share it to your lovely friends.
Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.
~ Jim Rohn (Entrepreneur)