Create a table of contents.
Do you have a problem in finding your previous posts. Perhaps you type a “quote challenge” in the search box and 30 related posts appear on your page. Occasionally, your mouse cursor was heading to Archives, then you realized that you forgot the month you published it. So, you scrolled down every single post as quickly as possible looking for it.
In fact, you’ve been spending so much time to reach your desired post and it’s hardly to imagine if someone has 300 posts doing this. On the other hand, reader who’s searching for one of your amazing posts probably ends up with disappointment. If you have a list of posted articles, this probably won’t happen. You can simply have a glance at headlines on the list and pick your favorite one to read or refine it.
This has happened to me so many times, so I decided to make my own table of contents for my blog. It’s just like a table of contents in any of your books (not Facebook…) All topics are assigned neatly according to chapters or categories. I divided all posts in four categories. Initially I had nine, but eventually I decided to reduce half of it.
Simple steps to create one:
- Dashboard > page > create a new page > a blank page appears
- You can open a second window for your post, so you can easily copy the URL and headline onto your list of contents.
- Click insert link on your editing page.
- Copy the URL of your post (the http~ that appears on the top of your screen) and copy it on your Insert link box.
- Copy the headline of post and paste it on your Link text box.
- Done. Repeat these steps for others.
It took me about an hour to organize 52 posts. For maintaining it, I’ve to update whenever I posted a new article, so it’s relevant all the time. When everything was done, I felt so satisfied because it’s well organized and I could search any previous post effortlessly now. And I believe you have the same feeling as well.
This is my table of contents, it looks well organized, isn’t it? Just let me know if you’ve any new ideas or questions about blog post management. Thank you for visiting. Happy organizing and blogging. 🙂